Day 17

Monday, March 29, 2010
Well, it appears this may be my last week. I spoke with yet another doctor, who happens to be the "head" guy. Although he said many of the same things we had already heard, he was a lot more forth coming than the others. He's sending the NICU folks over to talk with us. He wants us to decide when it's time to intervene on the baby's behalf. In other words, once we speak to the NICU, at 25 weeks she would need to weigh x amount, etc. in order to intervene. He doesn't want us to get in a situation where things start to go bad and then have to ask, "what do you want to do?" He wants us to have all the facts before we make any decision. Of course, if she's not growing there's really not a lot to consider. No matter how long my labs stay stable, if she doesn't grow it doesn't matter. So, we're basically back where we were earlier this week.


  1. Kerry Ann, you've come too far!!
    You keep believing and trusting in God to take care of you & Miss Josey!!
    God is still in control and you have so many people who are praying for you all!!!
    I know it is so hard to keep your head up and believe and not fear more hurt at the same time, that is why we have come to step in the gap for you.
    We are here to encourage, lift you up, and BELIEVE in miracles!!
    Earlier this last week, they didn't think you would make it this long, and here you are!!!

    Lots of Love, Hugs & Prayers to You & Shannon!

  2. Maria is right. God is still in control. Give your troubles to him and stay positive. Lots and lots of people are still praying for you all!!!!

  3. Hang in there and stay positive. Maybe she is growing now and the new tests will show that next time. They can do amazing things in there when you least expect them to. Saying lots of prayers for you and baby Josie.

  4. Praying for you. I hope you body let's you keep Josey in you a little longer. Try to keep thinking positive thoughts (I know it's hard because you are not feeling so well), hang in there.

  5. Oh sweetie. I'm glad you got some straight answers. Meeting the NICU guys will be helpful too. Josey may not have grown much but her lungs will be a couple of weeks older than when you arrived in there. Are they going to start the steroid treatment soon? I'm so thrilled that Josey's still cooking and your labs are stable. Hugs.

  6. I am praying that God hand keeps Josey safe and keep her growing hey you have gone 2 weeks already sometimes they are wrong they have been known to be wrong. Hang in there and keep the faith.

  7. Kerry
    I find myself thinking of you and little Josey throughout the day. Hang in there and try to stay focused on the miracle that God can do. I believe he has his hand on Josey and he will help you and Shannon with the right decision....only trust him.....he will bring you thorough this......
    Prayers often

  8. First, I'm very sorry you are going through all of this.
    Your story is sounding so similar to mine it's scary. I was only in the hospital for a week before I had an emergency c-section at 25 weeks. My labs stayed pretty stable as well, I mean my platelet counts were low, but not low enough to take action and same goes with my liver enzymes. My doctors kept telling me over and over that my son was to small to live outside of me. I also had the dreaded US that they told me he wasn't growing. It wasn't until I started to get pains in my right upper abdomen that they forced me to take action. Actually, they didn't even give me a choice. I hate Pre-e, I hate HELLP, I hate the fact that any other women has to go through this. I'm so sorry you're going through this.